Board of Directors
CEO & Vice Chairman
Batu Aksoy started his career in 1998 at a start-up communications company in the US. After returning to Turkey in 1999 and possessing various positions at Aksoy Holding which owns a number of subsidiaries in the fuel retail and lubricants, power generation, high-end hospitality, high-end real estate and international trade industries, he has been the CEO and Vice Chairman of the Company since 2010.
Leading subsidiaries of Aksoy Holding at which Mr. Aksoy holds either the Chairman, Vice Chairman or Member of the Board position are;
- Aksoy Ventures Energy & Torusim,
- Turcas Petrol (BIST:TRCAS),
- Shell & Turcas Petrol,
- RWE & Turcas (N.Gas) Power Generation,
- Turcas Kuyucak (Geothermal) Power Generation,
- Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel,
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Bodrum,
- Aksoy Real Estate Investments,
- Aksoy International Trading,
- Aksoy Middle East, and
- Aksoy Nigeria.
At the same time, Batu Aksoy is:
- The Honorary Consul of The Republic of Chile in Istanbul,
- A Board Member of TUSIAD (Turkish Industry and Business Association) and Leader of its Development Policies Roundtable,
- A Member of the High Advisory Board of TURKONFED (Turkish Enterprise and Business Confederation),
- A Board Member of the Turkish-US Business Council (TAIK) and Turkish-Chile Business Council of DEIK (Foreign Economic Relations Board of Turkey), and
- A Member of the Advisory Board of The Johns Hopkins University (JHU) Whiting School of Engineering (previously Member of Dean’s Advisory Council at the Carey Business School of JHU, 2015-2020).
Born in 1977, Batu Aksoy is married with a son and a daughter. He graduated from The Johns Hopkins University, Whiting School of Engineering (Baltimore, USA) in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering.
Erdal Aksoy has been the Founding Chairman of the Board of Directors of Aksoy Holding since 1978. Mr. Aksoy also serves as the Chairman of the controlled subsidiaries Aksoy Ventures Energy & Tourism, Turcas Petrol, Aksoy Real Estate Investments and Aksoy International Trading, the Vice Chairman of the Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel and a Board Member at The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Bodrum. Mr. Aksoy is at the same time a Founding Board Member at the group subsidiary Shell & Turcas Petrol.
Erdal Aksoy is a Member of TUSIAD (Turkish Industry and Business Association), Vice Chairman of PODEM (Public Policy and Democracy Studies), a Member of the Advisory Board of TESEV (Turkish Economic and Social Studies Foundation), and Member of the Board of Trustees of the Azerbaijan Diplomacy Academy (ADA). Erdal Aksoy had served as a Member of the Board of TISK (Confederation of Turkish Employers Union) and Chairman of the Turkish Shipowners and Employers Union in the past. Erdal Aksoy, for a period, was the Istanbul Provincial Head of the Motherland Party (ANAP), and the President of Sarıyer Sports Club. Erdal Aksoy, an Electrical & Electronics Engineering Graduate of Istanbul Technical University (1966), speaks fluent English, and is married with two children and has three grandchildren.
Banu AKSOY TARAKÇIOĞLU
Executive Board Member
Banu Aksoy Tarakcioglu is an Executive Board Member of Aksoy Ventures and its controlled subsidiaries, Turcas Petrol, Aksoy Real Estate Investment Companies, Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, Aksoy International Trading, and Shell Petrol.
She is a Member of GYIAD (Young Executives and Businessmen's Association), DEIK (Foreign Economic Relations Board of Turkey), PETFORM (Petroleum Platform Association), and the Endeavor Association.
Banu Aksoy Tarakcioglu, a fluent speaker of English, is married with a son, has graduated from The Koc University Business Faculty, and has completed a Financial Extension Program at University of California at Berkeley.